The 7 Staging Steps To Sell In Any Market
According to Barb Schwarz, one of the founders of home staging in the 1970s, defines home staging this way: “Home staging is professionally preparing homes for sale so that they appeal to the most amount of buyers and generate the highest price in the least amount of time on market.”
But what to do and where to start? Here are Barb’s 7 Steps of Staging to help you out:
• Stand in the doorway of each room, and even outside the home, as if you were a home buyer, and
assess whether every area of the home best conveys what it would be like to live in the home for visitors
to an open house.
• Make a plan, and be open to change. We look at what the purpose of each room is, and what
scene we need to set.
• De-accessorize. Decide on what to pack and what to keep in each room and select which accessories you may use in different rooms.
• Remove unnecessary furniture. Again, less is more.
• Arrange the remaining furniture in the best way and re-distribute those you may be able to use in other rooms.
• Re-accessorize each room.
• Fine-tune each area of the home.
And Barb has some more advice to keep in mind: “The investment in staging is always less than your first price reduction.”
And keep in mind that here at Infusion Home Design, we can most definitely help you out!